Saturday, January 13, 2007

That was easy!

So this [oldish] computer stopped booting properly about six months ago. It would start, but then mysteriously die during the sequence. I finally had a bit of time to check it out tonight, so I powered it up and noticed the POST would not only show a garbled version of "Maxtor" (and the model number), but also identify this 40 GB disk as about 8 GB. At this point, it would refuse to even boot and instead barf up with INVALID SYSTEM DISK, INSERT BOOT DISK AND HIT ENTER TO RETRY (or something just like it).

Anyway, I figured the hard disk wasn't that old and so I powered down and unplugged it. I noticed the ribbon cable wasn't quite straight (it was sort of folded onto itself, but not perpendicular to the wires), so being obsessive-compulsive as I usually am, I straightened it out, carefully plugged it back in and decided to give it a shot. Lo and behold, I'm blogging this from that computer.

1 comment:

jane holly said...

CONTACT: onlineghosthacker247 @gmail. com
-Find Out If Your Husband/Wife or Boyfriend/Girlfriend Is Cheating On You
-Let them Help You Hack Any Website Or Database
-Hack Into Any University Portal; To Change Your Grades Or Upgrade Any Personal Information/Examination Questions
-Hack Email; Mobile Phones; Whatsapp; Text Messages; Call Logs; Facebook And Other Social Media Accounts
-And All Related Services
- let them help you in recovery any lost fund scam from you
onlineghosthacker Will Get The Job Done For You
onlineghosthacker247 @gmail. com
TESTED AND TRUSTED!!!